First Active -SSIA - Delay in payment.

IsleOfMan

My SSIA matured with First Active on the last day of April. I have been told that I cannot collect my money until Friday the 4th May. My sons SSIA matured with the Bank of Ireland on the same day and was told that he could collect it on the same day it matured. Anybody else have this problem with First Active?

3 or 4 days delay after 1825 days of investment....hummm, i see , you have a big problem in your hands there :)

3 or 4 days delay after 1825 days of investment....hummm, i see , you have a big problem in your hands there :)

That's not the point. When I first opened my account with this company they had a selection of "cashiers" in their branches. Then they moved to a "cashless" bank for my "benefit". Then they reduced their cashiers to "nil" and I had to make lodgements to my account via a metal box located in the branch. I often noticed the previous person's lodgment sitting on top of the box where it hadn't fallen down in to the box. Not very secure. Then I noticed that the lodgments were not being processed on the same day as they were made. Then they did away with their "passbooks" and switched to a statement based system and all for my benefit. Yes, I suppose a build up of frustration with these people.....

Financial institutions....but there's plenty of switching alternatives out there. I'd write a letter to them outlining all your concerns, and state that you will switch if you don't get satisfaction. Personally, I've been with my bank for 25 years, and they've improved a lot in recent years. But I'd switch tomorrow if they didn't give me the service.

Back