First Active fully integrated into Ulster Bank

MysticX

So as of last weekend FA has been fully integrated into UB....(FA online banking taken offline completely and the UB login details taken effect).

Anyone else think that was surprisingly painless? All my accounts and payee details etc seems to have migrated without problem.

Only thing to do is order a new card reader (shame the existing FA one won't work).

I was sort of nervous about UB given all the rather negative feedback that you can hear even without looking;), though they seemed to have handled the FA integration competently:).

I got a few free shares from FA and two years ago UB gave me €150 just to open a current account with them, bless em:D

They seemed to have learnt a lot from when they integrated UB into RBS in 2006 which created a myriad of internal issues. In addition, a lot of the IT donkey work was done well in advance this time so for the most part, the actual changes over the weekend were limited. In fairness, it seems to have been well handled

You can still use your FA card reader temporarily. All you need to do is order a new card reader. Then go back in the next day and select 'enable card reader'. You can then use your FA card reader until your UB one arrives.

Thanks for the tip.
Btw once you put in the order for the new card reader are you expecting 3 seperate pieces of mail?
-The UB card reader
-The UB card
-The UB card pin
:confused:

No I just expect a new card reader.

I would expect to continue to use my new UB visa plus cash card and existing pin.

To clarify with FA for online banking we had:
-A card reader
-A dedicated online banking card (and it explicity says it on itself), not a cash / VISA / atm card etc...
-A specific PIN for that card

I used to use my First Active Cirrus ATM card for the card reader when with FA. I now use my replacement Visa Debit ATM cashcard with my first active card reader on UB internet banking.

The UB card reader hasn't arrived yet.

As both UB and now ex-FA customer, the switch over did go well - except for one little thing. UB is still not accepting new FA credit cards into their YourPoints scheme where you get one point for every euro spent which you can later redeem for rewards.

Anyone else experiencing delays getting the UB card reader?
I got the banking card and PIN two weeks ago but no sign of the card reader itself yet.

Sort of scratching my chin thinking that maybe it's because so many former FA customers are switching to the UB gear that there's a backlog issuing the card readers?

I got mine alright - can't remember exactly when but it was over a week ago I think.

Haven't tried it yet though. I'm assuming I can still use my old FA one as well. It would be handy to have one for home and one for work.

If they are issuing new readers I'd be surprised if they kept the old one active in the long term. Why bother issuing a new one at all in that case? Why maintain two sets of details for the account in effect? It would also seem to me to be a potential security risk.

In reply to so-crates:

I'm not sure how the readers work but I would have thought it was the card you put in the reader rather than the reader itself that ties it to the user/account?

That said I've never tried using my parents card reader.

Back