First Active e-savings account

Can anybody clarify if its possible to transfer money from any bank account into this esaving account (e.g. from my TSB account)?
I don't want to set up a "regular standing order"
Sectin 43.5 from T&C says that a "regular standing order" is required but in this thread, Post #430 says
Once your eSavings account is opened it is possible to transfer
money in from any nominated current account. Customers are not restricted to funding via a First Active account.

43.5 Lodgments can be made by transfer from any First Active account in one or more of the
Account holder's name(s) or by regular Standing Order from any bank account in the
Republic of Ireland. Lodgments can not be made by any other method. The maximum
amount which can be lodged to an Account is €1,000,000.

Hi guys, I finally got my log in details. I logged in and the web-engine for internet banking of "FA" looks very user friendly and secure. My patience in this long set-up period has been awarded I think...

Hi Clubman, sorry maybe that adjective is a bit naive now that every bank are very secure in their internet banking web-site...

I just need to understand if I can nominate an external account for every withdrawals from the "esavings" account... The web-site doesn't allow me to create a payee via the web... Maybe I'll have to call their support no. in order to get a new "payee" created...

I just rang the FA online banking technical helpdesk 1850 500 365 and asked to set-up a new payee.

They said I need to ring Telephone Banking at 01 7092500. That number only works 9.00am - 5.30pm.

So much for FA's claim about being able to "open and manage your account online, anytime of the day and week".

I've been rerouted 7 times among different persons and I'm still talking to them about the creation of the sort code+account no. I'm going to send a complaint soon I guess!

Finally at the 8th person I spoke with I managed to create the payee code. I just did a payment and it seems alright...

The phone no. I called was 017092500+option 3+option 2.

Finally!!!

I've been rerouted 7 times among different persons and I'm still talking to them about the creation of the sort code+account no. I'm going to send a complaint soon I guess!

This whole saga seems like trying to discover the Third Secret of Fatima

Perhaps somewhere in the vaults of RBoS/FA/UB, they have the answers to our questions, simple ones like:

"can I transfer money into this account from my own Bank a/c online, as I have been led to believe by representatives of FA/UB, etc"

"how can I do this?"

"do you want my business?"

"why did you mislead the public with your advertising regarding the Interest Rate applicable to balances > €10k?"

"why don't you answer my questions?"

Could someone scan and post the Tarriffs of Charges booklet that is mentioned in section 10 of the T&C? I see in some posts here that they got in their mailbox, but I haven't been able to get a copy :-(Someone with the physical copy: can you post what the charges are for the FA esavings a/c? Thanks.

I have a physical copy but don't think that I have the means to scan it. There are no charges on this account as far as I could ascertain.

Haha, wait 'till you try & actually transfer money from TSB to FA. On hold to customer service person at open24 for the third time. The FA Esavings sort code is not recognised by TSB. Just been told that the person dealing with this query has gone home & i can expect a call from them in the morning. (However this pales into insignificance when compared to my travails in attempting to open a UK account with Citibank.)

This issue has been mentioned at least once already in this thread.

Hi guys, I prefer to laugh... Yesterday I moved a small amount from rabo to the "eSavings" account of FA... I just discovered that the amount was bounced back to Rabo...

Thank God I don't see fees as I got the full small amount back.

Let's see if the amount I moved today from FA to Rabo will be lost... Thank God I moved only 3 euro...

Re charges sorry I can't scan as well...

My goodness this is more intriguing than a book of spy-stories.

Hi 60 watt, here are my answers to your private message. Sorry but I prefer not to get private messages...

Hi Godfather,

I have been reading the Thread about FA esaving account and Im very very confused now.
As you seem to be at an advanced stage could you please tell me if the following is possible. Im not a FA customer at the moment.

1) To open the account I must send a cheque , for e.g 10 Euro. correct ?

---> As far as I understood "yes" but I personally had an ecb linked account so asked them to withdraw from that account in my case

2) can I then transfer money online into the esavings from my non FA current account.

---> Still to be checked, see my previous post

3) It's possible to nominate my non FA current account to use for withdrawing money from the esavings account ?

---> In theory "yes" but please look at my last post

4) Does the account realy require a regular standing order as stated in T&C

---> Jee... Never heard of this otherwise I'll have to close it!!!

If you know the answer to any of the above it would be much appreciated.
Thanks in Advance

Hey guys, from tomorrow I'll be on deserved holidays. So I'll see you for the next episodes of this "soap opera" (love and hate) when I'll be back!

4) Does the account realy require a regular standing order as stated in T&C

---> Jee... Never heard of this otherwise I'll have to close it!!!

If you know the answer to any of the above it would be much appreciated.

My understanding is that the standing order is only required if you want to make regular payments from your non FA current account.

You don't have to do regular payments if you don't want to. A lump sum investment only is OK (I hope!)

This is from the Ts & Cs

Hey guys, from tomorrow I'll be on deserved holidays. So I'll see you for the next episodes of this "soap opera" (love and hate) when I'll be back!

We'll still be here when you come back. Unless you're taking a year off to go around the world.

There's the beginnings of a First Active Support Group here.

Hey My Godfadda

funny that, me & Ms. Irishpanacake heading off tomorrow for a full week of R & R. Canary Tenerife. No lap-top, no FA (take it as you will), no nuttin'...........

see ya back here next week or whenever

Hi guys, just a last post before getting into my plane. I just checked my rabo savings account and the money I moved from the eSavings FA account were there.

So once FA has created a payee sort code via the phone number I previously wrote you about then the movement of money to an external bank account seems possible.

Now it's just a matter of investigating on "why" the movements into the "eSavings" accounts originated from external accounts are not possible (sort code not yet recognized by the circuit?)... But I'll face the next episode of this challenging adventure when I'll be back.

See you and... behave! The Godfather is looking at you!

Hi guys, sorry but I couldn't resist from this new chapter of this intriguing adventure. I called the customer support of FA and I was told that the sort code isn't (yet?) recognized by the circuit but as I already had an ECB linked account at the moment first I would have to electronically lodge the money into it and then "reroute" the money to the esavings as the internet banking engine of FA seems to allow.

But I'll do this when I'll be back... Ehi! Is that my call to my plane? Wait! Wait!!! I'm here!!!

SEE YOU!!!