firewall blocking connection to broadband?

june

Hi all. I am having problems connecting to perlico broadband recently. They tell me it is because my firewall is blocking me from opening it. I have a zone alarm firewall which up to now has given no trouble. When i reset the security setting from high to medium i can connect no problem but obviously that is not ideal. i also have mc afee anti virus which i think may be interfering in some way with connection. site advisor keeps closing down connection but i dont know how to get rid of it. any feedback would be appreciated

are all sites blocked or any particular ones, eg, when you're blocked can you even get on to google?

exactly! when its blocked i cannot even get my yahoo homepage. have to reset firewall to medium security setting. any thoughts?

Ive read that ZA with high security settings can cause problems when used with a router.

Have you changed anything recently like put Win XP firewall on as well that might be conflicting with ZA?

TBH, if its just for home use, medium settings should be fine.

Check the firewall configuration and logs and see what's blocked by default and why high and medium security differ. Or uninstall it and reinstall it. I have never had problems with the default ZA settings and allowing it to incrementally allow or deny selected applications as they attempt to gain external access.

mc afee gets internet updates. i think the mc afee site advisor may be conflicting but i don't know how to get rid of it. have had zone alarm fo about a year and no probs before.

Back