Firefox hangs when I try to download pdf files

ajapale

I use firefox 1.0.3 and Adobe Reader 7.0. Eight times out of ten when I try to download a pdf file Firefox will hang. This does not happen with MSIE and for the moment I am having to revert to MSIE for pdf documents.

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong and what can be done to cure the problem? I would prefer to use FF exclusively.

thanks,
ajapale

I've never experienced such problems but maybe upgrading to FireFox 1.0.4 and/or Acrobat Reader 7.0.1 might help?

acrobat not installed properly Id say, i use 1.0.4 and acrobat 7 no worries.

Thanks Clubman and Tonka,

If acrobat is not installed properly how come it works perfectly on its own and with IE?

The problem seems to be worse with pdf files which have very long filenames which contain % signs.

A slight variation on the question: If I want to simply download the pdf file but NOT viewing it through the Firefox browser how would I do that?

thanks again,
ajapale

right click on link to .pdf file and left click on save link as , select directory and hup.

Thanks Tonka,
That works perfectly! For some reason I imagined that "save links as" saved the path and not the file! I was wrong.

I think im getting closer to solving my original problem. I have discovered that I have an out of date 'acrobat viewer' 'plug in'. I think I might have to get rid of it or update it in some way.

thanks again,
ajapale

ajapale said:
Thanks Tonka,
I think im getting closer to solving my original problem. I have discovered that I have an out of date 'acrobat viewer' 'plug in'. I think I might have to get rid of it or update it in some way.

I see that the Acrobat Reader is now up to 7.0.2 - I would suggest installing this version.

Back