firebird smells of oil?? looking for plumber in Cork

D

deanie

My Super Q 50/90 firebird smells of oil. I got it serviced recently but it seems worse now. I'm reluctant to call back the man who serviced it. Would anyone know if it's something I could fix myself? Or reccommend someone to have a look at it! It was installed in 1995 and its burning and heating the house and water etc. and there doesn't seem to be an obrious leak (puddle), it's just a bad smell that's not going away. Please help!!!

If there is a bad smell of oil then it has a leakl. Our boiler is the same make and year as your one and two years ago had similar problem with smell of oil and no obvious sign of leakage. Anyhow we had to dismantle kitchens units around boiler and found the ground underneath was soaked with oil. Plumber discovered that a washer was gone and once it was replaced we haven't had any problem since.
Call back your original plumber, this particular washer can go at any time. Your biggest problem after its repaired is trying to deal with the awful lingering smell of oil.

Back