firebird 120 oil burner

A

asal888

i have just had a firebird 120 (kerosene) with riello burner installed . It keeps tripping at the switch on the high output stat. told circulation pump not ok. got new one. stat wired wrong had it checked. told bar pressure too low, static at about 2 bar.Oh ! Also told high output stat. not working.......... got new one.So where do I go from here? Please I need help, its costing me a fortune also

Hi,

Welcome to AAM.

Don't know why you thought it appropriate to post this message in the SSIA Forum so I have moved it to Homes and Gardens.

Who is doing the fitting for this boiler? IMHO a lot of your problems appear to come from incorrect fitting?

I'm guessing you have a circulation problem, which leads the high level stat to trip. Have you the house zoned and/or TRVs everywhere? If all valves and TRVs close your hot heating water has nowhere to circulate and boils in the boiler therefore tripping the switch. 30 euro bypass valve would sort that out.

Is this the stat you say is tripping [broken link removed]
Ensure the dial has been mounted correctly and not damaged or twisted

The hi o/p stat should only trip if the adjustable one isn't working. I'd look at that first

Back