Fire inset with Fan not effective

dragonboy

We gotga fire inset Riva 55 inserted over the summer with the fan, they did not have a fan on the demo one in the shop and they advised that I didn't need it and stove it's self would be enough, they also said they rarely fit them, however the stovax company recommend a fan to be inserted to enhance efficiency, also I saw a different model of stove with fan in another shop and was very impressed. So problem is all the fan does is make noise, it does not appear to have any effect what so ever, I can't feel the push of heat ( cause it's supposed to push/ enhance heat out put) , does any one have a Riva 55 with fan and is it effective at all ? Do you feel a breeze of heat coming from stove ? Am I missing something?
I feel quite annoyed and regret not getting the stove that was demonstrated to me at the other store.

I’ve got a Bodart and Gonay infire 603 inset stove which comes with fans.
The fans make a huge difference to the heat output into the room, even on a slow setting.
Noise is not a problem unless I run the fan on full whack.

When using a stove with the fan on does anyone find there's a light smokey smell of whatever's burning in the stove entering into the room?

Hi newirishman, I was in Lamartine and was demoedemonst the Band G and was very impressed and could clearly see the massive difference it made, however unfortunately I went for the Stovax with a Fan at a different store and unfortunately it appears to have no effect what is ever:(

Back