Fire Grate

whistler

The grate in my fireplace has a hugh hole in the middle. When I went to look for one to replace it I could only find ones that were wedge shaped (narrower at the back than at the front), not square shaped like I need. Any idea where I can get one to fit?

any idea where the original came from? maybe a local fireplace co. if not a blacksmith/ironwork/engineering co. could probably make one for you

The grate in my fireplace has a hugh hole in the middle. When I went to look for one to replace it I could only find ones that were wedge shaped (narrower at the back than at the front), not square shaped like I need. Any idea where I can get one to fit?

I remember having the same problem a few years back - I didn't have to look very far in the end though.

Have you tried traditional, family owned, high street hardware places as opposed to the big supermarket type outlets?

I got ours in somewhere like this. Take the measurements of your old grate and try a place like this if you can.

I remember having the same problem a few years back - I didn't have to look very far in the end though.

Have you tried traditional, family owned, high street hardware places as opposed to the big supermarket type outlets?

I got ours in somewhere like this. Take the measurements of your old grate and try a place like this if you can.

I'll try that. Thanks

Years ago we used to use the open fire and regularly replaced them from somewhere like [broken link removed]. Ours was the standard type though. You could give them a ring to see where you might be able to get one.

Back