Finnstown, Lucan

J

Joycer

Thinking of buying a house here, it's behind Lord Lucan pub and the various shops.

Anyone have any comments on the area?

Have a friend living in Finnstown...is the house directly behind the LL pub?

Where are you working? With Adamstown next door, the traffic in that area has gone mad. Your problems are potentially many

1 - getting out of your estate
2 - if you have to turn right to head towards Superquinn
3 - getting from there to the N4
4 - getting from the N4 to the M50/into town

Then again with the Adamstown train station you might be okay if you only need to get to town.

Finnstown is okay, depending on how close you are to the LL you may have trouble with noise from the smokers/kids playing outside. On the plus side you have a Spar, a pub, a great Chinese, a medical centre and a pharmacy on your doorstep.

Then again with the Adamstown train station you might be okay if you only need to get to town.

I was in at the train station in Adamstown recently. I was driving but it seemed to me to be a very long walk from the entrace to the Adamstown estate to the station. Also there doesn't seem to be much scope to park and ride, so if you want to get there in the morning you are going to have to walk.

If you are thinking of going down this route of travelling into Town, park up outside the house you are looking at and walk to the station.

At the other end of the journey, Heuston Station is a long way from O'Connell Bridge. I couldn't see it being walked easily in less than 20 mins.

Again, as you are looking at one of the biggest investments you are ever likely to make, take the time to do the real trip from your proposed new home to your work, and then back again. Would you be able for it on a daily basis?

I know there are great promises about interconnectors etc in the future. It's very easy and cheap to make promises when the economy is rocking, harder to deliver when, as it must, the downturn comes.

Murt

Traffic is a problem in the area, if you're trying to get, for eg, from the Lord Lucan down to Superquinn or the dual carriageway, my Mam works beside Finnstown and it's hellish at lunch hour, mornings and evenings - all those lovely roundabouts and traffic lights.

Where else in Dublin doesn't have a problem with traffic at peak times? I think its a lovely area and I wouldn't hesitate in buying a house there. You will also benefit from amenities planned for Adamstown across the road.

I lived in Finnstown in the Cloisters part facing onto the green with the for 3 years. When we first moved in the area was very quite as it was on the edge of that concret jungle.
We had many many happy times in Finnstown. The house build is good, close to many amenities etc

The "For sale" sign went up on the house the day Bertie turned the first sod for Adamstown in Feb 2005.

I live in Finnstown Abbey and I travell up/down the Newcastle/Adamstown road everyday to travelling towards Newcastle and I have to say the traffic situation has inproved greatly with the replacement of the roundabout at Finnstown Abbey with traffic lights. The filter lanes really suit the direction I travel so it's great.

I can understand that it may be a little difficult getting out of Finnstown clositers/priory but I don't think it would be the end of the world.

The area is fantastic it has everything a family could want close by. I won't bore you with the list of amenities available locally.

As regards Adamstown, it certainly hasn't had anydetrimental effect on the area and I think it can only help to improve the general area with the facilities/amenities planned for Adamstown.

If I was you I would consider buying in Finnstown Abbey over the Priory and Cloisters. On occasions you can smell the chinese food wafting in the air. I live a good distance away so I don't know how bad it would be if you lived behind it.

I can concur that food has improved somewhat(When it first opened I thought it was quite poor) in the Chinese and we would regurlerly get take aways from it.