Finland V USA tonight in semi final tonight

I really enjoyed the hockey last night. Great to have it on at a good time to suit Europe also. Well done to the BBC for staying with it in overtime. Hopefully football fans who tuned in at 10.30 for MOTD might catch the hockey bug now. What a final!!

hear hear, pleased for Sid the Kid as well, he hadn't had a great tournament despite all the hype so good to see him come right at the end.

Watched 5 minutes of MOTD after that but had to turn it off, couldn't handle the wimpishness of it all

Hopefully football fans who tuned in at 10.30 for MOTD might catch the hockey bug now.

I nearly did catch the bug for a couple of seconds, but then it dawned on me I have external genitalia and so the bug soon went in favour of a more becomming sport.

It was a close call, for a second or two I even thought about whether there was netball and rounders on Eurosport.

Ah you don't know what you're missing Latrade. It's a tough and skilfull sport. I got ESPN America (NASN as it was then) for baseball a few years back. I slowly got sucked in to the hockey.
I wonder if we can talk the GAA and NHL into compromise rules? We'd just need to teach Canning, Kelly, Shefflin and co. to skate. We could play the games in Belfast.

I still think it was only invented to give the Canadians something to be good at, but it's not all bad. Though my main gripe is, if they're so tough, go out and play without all the padding.