Fingleton authorised quick loan for Celia Larkin

tiger

[broken link removed]

My God this stinks to high heaven!

We really are a grubby little country.

Funny Fingers strikes back for being forced to relinquish his €1M "bonus". Essentially he has just told the political elite that he knows where the skeletons are, so they better not dream of coming after his €28M pension.

Am I being cynical or is there a possibility that this deliberatly got leaked to move the focus on Irish Nationwide away from Fingleton and back on to Larkin, Ahern and Fianna Fail?

Am I being cynical or is there a possibility that this deliberatly got leaked to move the focus on Irish Nationwide away from Fingleton and back on to Larkin, Ahern and Fianna Fail?

That's how it certainly appears, they should have consulted better PR thought, as the ultimate effect is to reinforce our opinion of them collectively as an under-regulated bunch of Charlatans operating hand-in-glove.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it a requirement under some sort of Money Laundering Act that for a new account (loan) you provide identification and proof of residence?

So if no documentation was received, wasn't there some sort of law broken. I don't talk about documents to proof she can repay (like salary slip), I talk about proof that she is who she claims to be.

These requirements can be waived by management in cases where they are happy the individual in question is who they say they are.