Finding the owner of a vacant property.

Meath Lady

Hi, Two previously occupied houses in a nearby estate are vacant for many months. A family member is interested in purchasing one of these. Any ideas where he could find out who owns any of them. He has tried posting a letter in but the letterboxes are sealed. All residents living close by appear to be renting their houses so cannot help. If these were now owned by Nama is there any way of finding out. Any helpful ideas appreciated.

Hi, Two previously occupied houses in a nearby estate are vacant for many months. A family member is interested in purchasing one of these. Any ideas where he could find out who owns any of them. He has tried posting a letter in but the letterboxes are sealed. All residents living close by appear to be renting their houses so cannot help. If these were now owned by Nama is there any way of finding out. Any helpful ideas appreciated.

Hi Meath Lady

You could google the address and see if it comes up on any estate agents' website or the likes of daft. You might even find an ad that was previously put up. The estate agent might be willing to point you in the right direction or pass your number onto the owner or the bank (whatever the situation is).

Another idea would be to do a search on the Land Registry website. I think you may be able to search by property address and you can then view the folio that way. It will show who the owner and bank is. You have to pay a small fee to use this service.

Maybe somebody else might know more about searching on the Land Registry website.

Just an idea. Hope this helps !

Hi Moolah,
Thanks for your help and reply. i have googled both addresses and nothing came up. i have also tried the land Registry site on line and was unable to get into that section but maybe if i contact the land registry they could help. Many thanks and if you think of any other ideas let me know. Thanks

When were the houses built?

Local estate agents tend to know these things. They might tell you who the developer is.

It's unlikely to be NAMA. They tend to have larger properties or whole estates of houses. You can search their website here: [broken link removed]

Any helpful ideas appreciated.

Assuming they are still around, Thom’s Directory lists businesses and residents on Dublin streets.

For €15 plus Vat you could do many searches here;

[broken link removed]

It’s possible the resident is deceased, if you had their name from Thom’s you could check on www.rip.ie

Not a definitive answer, but the above might give you a bit more to work with in your search.

Back