finding out if broadband is available in a particular area

whackin

Is there any one-stop shop for finding out if Broadband is available form any company in a particular area. For example, if I wanted to find outif BB was available in Midleton would I have to check with eircom, smart, utv etc or is there any way of finding out in one go?

I have to say that that government website is a load of guff.
It told me I could access 8 different companies... which all evaporated when I contacted said companies. (Exchange not enabled, Eircom in no hurry to do so, geographic location awkward for wireless pickup)
Best bet is to ask around with neighbours - oldfashioned, but effective and how I found my eventual provider.

before i got my broadband initally with eircom(now with UTV) they did a line test and could tell within a few minutes whether my line was acceptable with BB.

X-Man said:
before i got my broadband initally with eircom(now with UTV) they did a line test and could tell within a few minutes whether my line was acceptable with BB.

If you have an existing telephone number, a lot (most) of the DSL providers can do a line check with your number. Smart and Eircom both offer this service on the net and once your exchange is acceptable by one DSL carrier its fine for them all.
The government site provides a rough guide for the entire country, as such its tough for them to identify two houses in the same townland area which may be going to different exchanges (which does appear to happen) or which may/may not be suitable for wireless BB. Even if its not 100% accurate its of benefit to a lot of people to provide a rough guide to what may be in their area.