Finding an engineer or surveyor to check new house?

T

Tazaro

I'm looking at buying a new house. It's newly built, stand-alone bungalow (not in an estate). It's built and ready to go. I presume I need someone to come and look at it, check it's been built properly?

Is this an engineer or a surveyor that I'd need?

Also, what's the best way to find a truely "independent" person?

Thanks,
Tazaro

If it's new then you definitely at least need somebody to do a good snagging on the place. Even if it is new it might be a good idea to get a detailed structural survey done. The overall cost is not that much in the bigger picture of the mortgage etc. and could be money well spent. The SCS might be a good place to start for suitable professionals.

Every professional that we used ie. solicitors, surveyors, brokers etc. were all as a result of testimonials written on this site and every one of them provided an honest service for reasonable rates with the least amount of difficulty.

Read through the threads and see what other people say before selecting someone. For what its worth, we used [broken link removed], and they were fantastic. My family are all tradesmen but we wanted an objective opinion and he spotted things that my own family had failed to notice. Worth every penny!

we got a list of engineers/snaggers from our solicitor. worked out very well

Back