Find startup businesses to invest in...

L

lipper

Hi All,

I have recently sold most of my business after 3 years, leaving me with quite a bit of money and a lot of experience in setting up and growing a business.

I don’t want to start another business at the moment but would prefer to invest in a start up both financially and with my expertise on a part time basis.

Does anyone know where to find investment opportunities, I have looked at the normal websites with businesses for sale but I hear nothing back when registering an interest.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Lipper

Hello, I know of one business investment to consider - mine! Perhaps you could tell me your location and something of your last business. regards ozukie.

Very interesting to find this post.

I have just come on here to post the opposite version of the same thing.

We are about to launch a new venture this summer and are just starting to look for some equity investors.

Our company will launch with 200,000 of shareholders money of which 120,000 is already in place. In addition we will secure a bank overdraft of around 100K to ensure that cash flow remains strong in the initial stages
We are intersted in finding equity investors to make up the remaining 80,000.Ideally two investors taking 20% each and a seat on the board is what we require.
Investors with specific skills in sales, journalism , newspaper design/layout who also want to participate in the management of the company on a fulltime or part-time basis are of particular interest.

If anyone has any bright ideas on how to find such investors, I would be delighted to hear from them.