Nationwide Financial advisors who only charge based only on investment being confirmed

seánocuill

Hello,

I am currently investigating investment options via financial brokers\advisors and wanted to know if companies\individuals exist that do not charge for consultation per se, rather they receive a fee from a fund manager\company should you decide to invest? I appreciate that their professional advice has a value but I would have thought that payment of a fee could be upon confirmation of investment and in the form of a percentage from the fund manager you end up investing with rather than out of your pocket initially before a decision has been made.

I guess the main issue from a broker/advisors perspective is what is to stop a customer taking their advice and applying it themselves thus losing out on a fee. But surely arrangements exist whereby you agree a fee should you decide not to go with their recommendation so should pay for their advice at an agreed rate or they receive a commission should you decide to take their advice.

Like I said, new to this but thought it was worth asking the question and seeking some recommendations if they exist?

regards

Back