Financial advice for young family

Excellent post there by Andrew and simple to follow. The main thing I like about it is the journey and its consequence i.e. debt free eventually.

The only item I would add is to clear credit card debt asap and afterwards use credit card as little as possible.

I've already cut it up!

Couldn't agree more...made that exact point earlier in this thread...OP's lifestyle spend is far from extravagant...issue I guess is that they are currently living beyond their means...

Hey I have a quick question. So unfortunately it looks like my husband will be finishing up in work in January. I don't think he will have a problem getting something new, could just take some time. Should we consider moving to interest only on our mortgage for a period? I've done the figures and i think we might be ok but again it depends on the number of days I work in the month.

Jeez you're gonna be fairly squeezed losing E1800 fixed income per month with E4654.99 fixed outgoings and your variable income. Unless you are pulling in your max almost every month you'll struggle to balance the books.
Going interest only - I am unsure of later implications for credit rating, how the bank then treats your mortgage etc. I would delegate to others who know more here but it sounds like a reasonable short term idea to me.