Final switch

Sybil35

Hi I've kept an eye on all the posts but would like to get your opinion. I've been with AIB, switched to BOI then EBS for the cash backs (fixed 1 yr on both) and now think ulster is the next right move. We want to do a big renovation to our house this time next year so thinking Ulster for the low rate and a bit of longer term stability if we go with the 4 yr fixed. Renovation will require a top up but all within CBI limits. Having switched so much the past few years I'm a little nervous to lock in for 4 yrs. Any advice or any thing I should also think of? Thanks!

could go down a little, could go up a little. hard to know. Current break fees virtually zero anyhow. Can;t go too far wrong with UB anyhow in my opinion

Hi I've kept an eye on all the posts but would like to get your opinion. I've been with AIB, switched to BOI then EBS for the cash backs (fixed 1 yr on both) and now think ulster is the next right move. We want to do a big renovation to our house this time next year so thinking Ulster for the low rate and a bit of longer term stability if we go with the 4 yr fixed. Renovation will require a top up but all within CBI limits. Having switched so much the past few years I'm a little nervous to lock in for 4 yrs. Any advice or any thing I should also think of? Thanks!
Hi sybil35 just wondering did u go with ulster bank. I see they the cheapest fixing but are they not 4.3% variable at end of the fixed rate which I think is very expensive

Current break fees virtually zero

I'd say it's only if you're on a 1 or 2 years fixed rate because I was told that he would cost me 1600 eur to break my 5 years fixed rate (with only 22 months remaining on the 5 years term)

Hi sybil35 just wondering did u go with ulster bank. I see they the cheapest fixing but are they not 4.3% variable at end of the fixed rate which I think is very expensive
At the end of your fixed rate, you can choose to go on to whatever product they are offering at the time. (eg. Another fixed for 4 years)

Back