film on ch 4 last night

G

Guest127

Watched a film called Swimming Pool on CH 4 last night. Charlotte Rampling main star (Charles Dance - small role) Basically it revolved around a crime writer who was having an affair with her publisher and who owned a villa in France. Publisher offered her the villa and to her surprise a young French (Julie) girl turned up and stated that she was publishers daughter. In one scene a girl with long black hair is seen swimming in the pool with a white swimsuit but next scene shows Julie ( the daughter) lounging by the pool in swimsuit , but she is blonde. Anyway Julie murders one of her many lovers and CR helps her bury the body. Later on we discover the real Julie is not the one staying at the villa. At the end of the film CR waves down from her balcony to a girl with long black hair and a different face but when she turns around again it's Julie the blonde ''daughter''. up went the credits and I was totally puzzled by the end of the film Did anyone else see this film either in the cinema or last night and did they understand the ending?

I watched this up til the last 20 minutes and was wondering how the film was going to be saved, or rather how my eyelids could have been persauded to stay open. Glad I didnt force them now.
I read a quote some time ago that described a similar film...."I am arthouse, hear me roar". Apt in describing that film last night, but methinks more of a whimper then a roar. :(

I saw it in the cinema a few years ago, I can't remember the finer details of the plot but I enjoyed it at the time; but I like "arthouse" cinema, even when it's a little poor.

Another good site for movies is www.allmovieguide.com

Thanks all. Enjoyed it to too but went to bed and woke up still trying to figure out what it was about. Am one of those people who seldom go to bed before 2am anyway (asleep and dead to all but a nuclear bomb by 2.01) so no problem staying with it. Not a lot wiser now.
Cheers

Back