Filling out a civil summons..

whiskey1

I want to try and get money back for a very poor service. I assume this would be a breach of contract.

I am going to use form 39.1 from the courts website. Do I need to fill in an Endorsement of Claim and Reliefs as you would in a civil bill?

Whiskey, you can of course complete the Civl Summons yourself if you have or are willing to acquire some knowledge of laws of contract and tort, and how to set out a claim.

If you don't have such knowledge you are as well to follow Time's advice and see a solicitor.

Not being legally trained your time cannot be "measured" as can a solicitor's time and thus you cannot claim costs in addition to your claim.

It is also possible that you may come undone on a technicality in your presentation to the courts.

For example, I have seen a case dismissed where a request for a court order was put before a court in general terms, not in the specific terms required, in relation to remedial works required to be carried out on a dwelling.

It didn't impress that the case had been prepared by a state solicitor no less, but it was expertly defended by a senior counsel and this and three other, similar cases went away.

What I'm saying is that even competent people err, and you are not legally trained.

If you have a mind you could let us know how you get on.

ONQ.