Filling in your B1 online....non trading company

bruce wayne

Hi,

I have a non trading company and I'm filling in my second B1 annual return online in the CRO website, but when I get to the documents enclosed section I need to select which documents I am enclosing with my return. Is there an exemption for a non trading company. Sending in my balance sheet will look funny as it will more or less be a blank on bar the shares part.

anyone else suffer the same issue?

thanks
B

Once the company is live i.e. not struck off or liquidated then a B1 must be submitted in each year. The B1 ( with the exception of the first one ) must be accompanied by accounts. If filing online you can print off the signature page on submitting the B1 and send that with the accounts to the CRO within the time limit imposed. The accounts must fit the criteria required by the Companies Acts. If they do not, they will be returned and the B1 will not be considered filed. That can have serious consequences. ( loss of audit-exemption, late filing fees) If the company qualifies for audit-exemption then no audit is required. Even a non trading company would have balance sheet showing probably €1 in share capital and €1 in cash to balance. The CRO have guidance leaflets. If you are not sure what you are doing seek professional advice.

Back