files on hard drive after Win7 upgrade

pcocp

I upgraded my laptop to Windows 7 recently, and it's all good so far, performance / speed etc.
Only one problem, on the hard drive I now have a folder named: windows.old.000
I also have a folder named: Windows

I assume the Windows folder is the upgraded Windows 7 and the the windows.old.000 is the old version (XP).

So, can I delete the windows.old.000 as it is 12GB in size and I need the space?

Also, is it normal when upgrading windows that the old version would be kept, which is what has happened here I'm assuming.

Thanks,
PCOCP.

Also, forgot to say, I want to determine the protocol of my wireless network at home, i.e b/g/n.
How do I do this?
Thanks, PCOCP

Yes you can delete windows.old as it is a backup of your system when installing Windows 7.

However use the Disk Cleanup Utility to delete the file as a simple file delete will not work.

In Windows 7 click start and type 'Disk cleanup' in the search bar. Run this and it will get rid of it and free up hard disk space.

Also, forgot to say, I want to determine the protocol of my wireless network at home, i.e b/g/n.
How do I do this?
Thanks, PCOCP

What's the name of your router? Google search the name for info. Unless it is VERY old, it will be both b/g compliant. Unless it is quite new, it won't be n compliant...