Fibreglass insulation, where to buy!

Gunnerbar

I'm getting my handyman to install attic insulation, of the fibreglass variety, next week but am having problems sourcing 8" thick rolls. Does anyone know where I can get these at a reasonable price. I've tried IBS in Dun Laoire which is where I'm located, and all they have is the 6" for about 26 yo yos a roll which is a good price and will probably go ahead with this if I can't get the 8".

Thanks,

Gunnerbar

Is there already insulation between the rafters in your attic? If not it might be better to get the 6 inch between rafters. Then have additional insulation running either perpendicular to this OR whole rolls running parrallel. Remember to leave air space to ventilate your attic.

[broken link removed] are in Sandyford, [broken link removed] have a few depots in south Dublin.

B&Q have "space blankets" 200mm thick and about 3 and a half metres long, insulation is easier to handle as it's concealed - you only expose the insulation if you cut it to fit. Buy 1 get 1 free at the moment - 21 euros per roll.

Make sure you get the white dust suit, dust mask and gloves aswell, Stanley knife does the job if you need to cut the blanket to right length.