Fiat Punto Recalls

janedoe06

i know the plight we punto owners go through , but did it have to take
this length of time (9 years ) 1997 Punto 5 door SX Model in my case before Fiat ireland advised us that there was an issue with the brakes

Got a letter from fiat ireland
advising taht there was a recall and to make an appointment with the fiat dealership , so made one for Lee garage in Cork city

did a search on the internet and cannot see any information about Ireland and fiat
but found this link but it is not from fiat direct

http://www.theaa.com/allaboutcars/r...ID=B5&modelName=Punto&makeName=Fiat&makeId=B3

is it the only Fiat recall that Fiat are admitting to ,
as its strange that there is no google hits on this , and normally u can get something about this
and there is nothign listed in http://www.fiat.ie either

Regards
pissed punto owner

my first car
so i guess i was always told that fiat are crap and thats what i was to expect !
the gasket is a known thing to go on them , went on mine
i think my car is now a cloned unit as there are none of the orig parts left
the last thing that has happened is my car was losing power and it was due to the electrics , when the lights would go on they were somehow affecting the brakes !
it was the brake bushes i think its called ,

the recall is to do with the brakes at the back!

the car has always passed the NCT but then would fail shortly after
and it is'nt because i dont look after it , i service it twice a year because i thought leaving it until something goes wrong does'nt help
worrying though that i am driving a death trap !

Perhaps it is time to change??? I would have sold it a long time ago, right after the NCT was passed, if I had had all those problems!!

Looks you have been unlucky.
I guess a FIAT is no different to a Renault: it either works well from day1 or never works from day1..
A close relation has had 3 puntos over 15 years.. and never got a single problems with them. Question of luck i guess

Fix It Again Tomorrow..

www.honestjohn.co.uk mentioned recall years ago. Shouldn't be a major safety issue in Ireland as we don't use salt on the roads so the brake pipes don't corrode as quickly.

Back