Fiat Punto has severe mould infection

Beans

Hello there,

My car has a severe mould infection. The entire back seat is beginning to look like a National Geographic special. I am wondering why! Is it because I do not use it regularly enough? Anyone know how to remove mould from fabric-covered car seats?

I have a separate, but related question. I am learning to drive. I had a few lessons a few months ago, but then was wrapped up in other things and never kept up the practise. I take public transport to work, and walk a lot. I am wondering if anyone has any clues as to how best to learn how to drive if driving is not part of your every day routine?

Thanks in advance,
Beans

My car is a total health hazard...kids and dogs puking, spilling milk etc etc
and I never got mould...so I'm puzzled why you have...perhaps the fact that there is no regular air circulating in it.

I'm thinking the only solution for your back seat it to go to a scrap yard and buy a second hand one and replace it.

I hope someone comes up with a better idea.

The only way to learn to drive is to just do it.
SO maybe book some twice a week...maybe a different person and go for a one hour drive until you are confident enough to take your test.

i thinks it's almost definitely because it isn't being driven. i have a car i haven't driven for two years and it has the same problem.

maybe you could keep it aired on dry days by leaving the windows/doors open?

(obviously only if you're around to make sure no-one makes off with it.)

i know that mobile car valeters use heaters in the vehicles to dry them quickly after shampooing. Maybe you could try to get one of those.

or see how much a valeter would charge to do it.