fianna fail think in question location

johnwilliams

folks got a question
this think in, was it open to all members of fianna fail or just td and ministers . the reason i ask is why did they have to book (i assume) a expensive hotel in galway ,more than likely td claims for travel expenses to and from and overnight stays , could this think in not be convened in the empty dail

Or in Farmleigh House?? It's ridiculous the expense they are going to for this brain storming session and those empty Government buildings in Dublin........Clearly it's more about the social aspect than the thinking.

Or in Farmleigh House?? It's ridiculous the expense they are going to for this brain storming session and those empty Government buildings in Dublin........Clearly it's more about the social aspect than the thinking.

Using government buildings for private political party business?

I wouldn't think that's allowed

And if they did use Farmleigh House would I be reading another thread about FF taking over a publicly owned building rent free and discussing election strategy.

Can't win

was it open to all members of fianna fail or just td and ministers

All members of the FF parliamentary party, i.e. TDs & Senators. Those outside the tent, like Mattie McGrath, were excluded.

I assume this is all funded by the FF party, and not by the State. One of the reasons attributed to Cowen making a show of himself on Morning Ireland was that he didn't have the Government press advisors at his shoulder to suggest he 'cry off'.

My understanding is that these events are funded by the parties and not the state. Certainly, some of the journalists present have spoke of TDs paying their own drink bills and there not being a free bar.

My understanding is that these events are funded by the parties and not the state.

A FF TD on Newstalk yesterday said the event was funded by the party out of funds provided by the State. All political parties receive a certain amount of funding from the Staet depending on the number of TDs they have. The political parties can spend those funds on whatever they deem appropriate within certain parameters.

My understanding is that these events are funded by the parties and not the state. Certainly, some of the journalists present have spoke of TDs paying their own drink bills and there not being a free bar.
I think the national annual church gate collections all parties have pays for these p*** ups.