FF and the Greens.....

I don't think bertie will be worried about electoral considerations this time as he is not running after this. Maybe bertie will really want to make his mark and maybe he won't go the consensus route. Cullen and Roche are hardly long term fianna fail talent, i think at least one will get the boot. I think Brian lenihan has to be promoted this time.

Excuse me if this comes across rude but that has to be the single most ignorant statement I've read regarding the Tara fiasco.

The Tara 'complex' is THE most valuable cultural site or item in this country. More important than the Book of Kells, Cross of Cong, etc. by a country mile !!

It's 6000-odd years old, has no comparable competitor in the world (apart from the Pyramids in Giza, which were all 'skinned' in the same types of quartz as Newgrange)

The Glen of The Downs is or was a nature reserve... It's not the only one.
Tara is unique in it's importance to Ireland since it's use as a seat of kings and ....

WHy do I bother...if you don't care, that says more about you than the place itself and unfortunately there's too many people who want a bloody road to get them to Dublin instead of a cultural heritage !!

How about Stonehenge...world famous heritage spot.
[broken link removed]
Looks nice, doesn't it....

or

Let's just let this happen..

http://www.stonehenge-avebury.net/Photos/StonehengeAir.jpg

Dick Roche must have no conscience or balls...I can't decide which.

Such scaremongering!! The proposed M3 is nowhere near as close as the road in that picture of stonehenge - in fact - it's going to be further away than the existing N3.

Anyone would think that the motorway was going to be built straight through/over the hill itself - it's not!

[broken link removed]

You obviously don't have to experience the daily nightmare that is commuting on the N3.

I experience the N3 nightmare daily going to/from work. I cannot see the M3 alone being of much benefit as the major bottle neck is at the Blanchardstown roundabouts. The M3 will just bring traffic faster down to those bottlenecks and make them even worse.

The only solution is to get the Navan rail link up and running before 2015.
This would take a lot of commuters off the road and reduce road traffic. After all, less road traffic = less congestion.

I think the Greens would give higher priority to the rail service.

The ideal situation would be to have the M3 and the rail link in place asap.

Very good point, although it should hopefully ease other congestion points such as Clonee bypass, Dunboyne Junction, Fairyhouse junction, Dunshaughlin,......

possibly, I don't know where the tolls are going to be located, but if the toll on the M4 is anything to go by, the delays will be nothing like what they are at the moment on the N3

If I am ignorant I am in good company.

The renowned novelist Colm Toibin, who opposes the M3 Tara motorway, and who opposed the N11 Glen of the Downs Road some years ago, comments on both in very similar terms here:

[broken link removed]

....and Eamon Ryan of the Green Party goes further here
[broken link removed]

Now, any chance that you might please address my question rather than attack me?

Is that a real picture ? Is that road really there ? I ve yet to visit the henge.

yes that road is there, i remember a few years ago i was on a bus that drove past it, i did not know stonehenge was there when on the bus but could not believe it when i viewed it by chance out the window. When you see stonehenge on discovery or whatever they must shoot it early in the morning and blank out the drone of the traffic. However recently when watching something about stoehenge I could now pick out the traffic drone simply because i knew there was a main road beside it. If the government goes ahead with this it will be shocking. However I also now believe it will not go ahead

Crikey Ill never see it the same way ever again after this !