few more questions on london

indebtedgal

Anyone got a promo code for gatwick express?
What should i do about getting a weekend tube card. I want to do a hop on hop off tour, is it still worth my while to get a weekend tube card?
Someone suggested walking from little venice at warwick ave to Camden town, anyone has any experience of this?

You can get an off-peak travel card that will allow you to use Tube and Bus , you can limit it to certain zones making it cheaper.

Also bear in mind that you can get four tickets for the price of two on the Gatwick Express.

I used to take the Gatwick express all the time but now use the Southern Train service to Victoria instead. It stops a couple of times but only takes about 4 mins longer than the GE and I was able to get my ticket for under £5 by pre-booking earlier this month.

I agree with shesells - the southern train is still very quick and much cheaper. Will never use Gatwick express again. Oyster card is also excellent for getting around. You can top it up and keep it for your next trip if you don't use it all. Be careful topping up the Oyster at the machines, I lost £20 because I didn't top up right. My own fault but I normally don't have problems with machines so thought it might be more user friendly.

The Gatwick and Heathrow Express are both very expensive. I had the misfortune of getting caught up in a lot of disruption on the tube a few months ago and had to take the Heathrow Express from Paddington in order to catch my flight on time. Yes it saved about 25 minutes over the tube but also cost about £15 more than a tube ticket would have cost.

Be careful topping up the Oyster at the machines, I lost £20 because I didn't top up right. My own fault but I normally don't have problems with machines so thought it might be more user friendly.

They can be tricky little devils. I lost £5. At least now I know I'm not the only one....