Fethiye, Turkey - recommendations for a good self-catering kid-friendly spot?

We are former yearly visitors to Bodrum, Gumbet, Bitez and Kusadasi. Then that dreadful shooting took place in north Africa where several British holidaymakers were shot dead by some extremist. I don't trust such countries since and Turkey is one of those.

We are former yearly visitors to Bodrum, Gumbet, Bitez and Kusadasi. Then that dreadful shooting took place in north Africa where several British holidaymakers were shot dead by some extremist. I don't trust such countries since and Turkey is one of those.
Thanks for your feedback. People has a similar approach to Ireland during the troubles. I guess we all have our own rush threshold.

I am glad holidays are back on the road for Turkey again. We've visited Turkey more than any other country with the exception of Spain where we have a holiday home. We were in Bodrum, Bitez, Kusadasi, Gumbet on package holidays. I must say the people were great and had a genuine welcome for most tourists. Food was excellent, Efes (beer) cheap and there was always good value for money.

DeeKie mentioned the Troubles in NI above. During 12th July about 25 years ago in Turkey (3 planeloads of tourists having arrived from Cork, Dublin and Belfast a few days earlier). After a pretty worrying time settling in (tricolours and union jacks and worse being flown from various apartments) a meeting of some holidaymakers took place where it was agreed to visit the apartments with the flags and have them consigned to the interior of the apartment. Some were slow enough to banish the flags, but they agreed after some leprous friendly persuasion. And on the 12th a large group of Dubs, Corkonians and Belfast tourists marched in unison with no flags, banners or bands to a taverna near the mosque where we all enjoyed the 12th.

I am glad holidays are back on the road for Turkey again. We've visited Turkey more than any other country with the exception of Spain where we have a holiday home. We were in Bodrum, Bitez, Kusadasi, Gumbet on package holidays. I must say the people were great and had a genuine welcome for most tourists. Food was excellent, Efes (beer) cheap and there was always good value for money.

DeeKie mentioned the Troubles in NI above. During 12th July about 25 years ago in Turkey (3 planeloads of tourists having arrived from Cork, Dublin and Belfast a few days earlier). After a pretty worrying time settling in (tricolours and union jacks and worse being flown from various apartments) a meeting of some holidaymakers took place where it was agreed to visit the apartments with the flags and have them consigned to the interior of the apartment. Some were slow enough to banish the flags, but they agreed after some leprous friendly persuasion. And on the 12th a large group of Dubs, Corkonians and Belfast tourists marched in unison with no flags, banners or bands to a taverna near the mosque where we all enjoyed the 12th.

I love that and like yourself have had many good days in Turkey. Love the people and the prices, plus the exchange rate is brilliant at the moment. A word of caution though, things are very iffy in Turkey again in a political sense. They're about to invade Syria and the Americans have left the area open ground for them by pulling out their troops and also with a warning to Turkey. The Turkish leader Erdogan doesn't take too kindly to warnings from anyone and he's also going against the UN by drilling for gas off the coast of Cyprus so things are getting a tad unstable over there. I certainly wouldn't be booking a holiday for 2020 at the moment, that's for sure.

Back