Ferry routes UK or Ireland-USA must be feasible?

queenlex

I reckon these must be feasible there must be loads of people who dont like or wont fly and seeing as they run routes from the UK and even Ireland to Spain regularly (actually the Irish one is being talked about come to think about it).... but given rising fuel prices affecting flying as well down the line and surely they can find an alternative way of fuelling ships in the future without the problems fuelling an aircraft due to it being in the air?

So you get the gist of it I know I havent put it very well... I imagine it took take 5 days max (probably not even and maybe less in the future) from west of Ireland say to New York... and less to say Newfoundland or somewhere? Once the US gets high speed rail up and running would be less of an issue not getting to say NY direct by ship too... Also there would be the possibility of stopping in Iceland en route...theres already a ferry from Scotland to Iceland in the summer months...

Thanks I knew that alright...its just the dates never suit for doing it two ways, I want to do it two ways possibly at some stage myself and I know a few others too.

I wouldnt mind doing the QM2 at some stage for the experience too but its just hard to do the trip two ways with the dates at the moment unless you and preferably a travel mate both have the time available.