Fernleigh/Annfield-Castleknock/Carpenterstown

K

KiwiPaddy

Does anyone know anything about this development? Looks nice but wonder are a lot of homes rented out. Viewed a couple of places there but not sure.

Re: Fernleigh/Annfield

Hi ,

I lived in Annfield Crescent for two years. We bought a 2 bed duplex off the plans. I have to say that we had no complaints at all. It was a really nice place to live, very quiet and handy enough for town. The only reason we moved was to trade up to a bigger house in Clonsilla. The Crescent seems to be the quieter part of the development, so I would go for one there if possible. Best of luck.

Fernleigh, Castleknock/Carpenterstown

Morning all,

Can anybody tell me more about Fernleigh in Castleknock (Carpenterstown). Have looked at a few houses there but we are wondering what it is like to live there,are there many rented units ?

Re: Fernleigh, Castleknock/Carpenterstown

Depends what you're looking for - apartment or house. Used to live in Ferleigh, bough a 2 bed house there, the apartment block next door seemed to have issues with parties etc - mostly rented units. A house is probebly a better bet, although some of the houses are rented as well.

Great area to live but big problem with rentals

red17 said:
Great area to live but big problem with rentals

I am living in Fernleigh now nearly two years and have no idea about issues with rentals. What sort of issues are you talking about late night parties etc? If so I have never experienced them

I think Fernleigh is a fine area to live in there is a good mix of apartment/house types, plent of parking, management company keep it very well its also experienced extraordinary capital growth since it was built in 2002

Oh yeah depsite what the OP said its no where near castleknock to put it another way if you got to bus to castleknock villaage with a view to walking to fernleigh you are in for a big surprise and sore feet

I live in Riverwood (Carpentertown) in a 3 bed duplex. The noise levels are horrendous. Parties a few times a week. I have nearly come to blows a few times(not the only one). Alot of apartments are rented out. The communial area has screaming kids the whole day there. Maintenance company do a great job alright of ripping people off up to 2K a year. I'm sure the houses in the area dont have the same problems. The place will be full of tenants in a few yrs who dont care about the properties. I wouldn't recommend buying apartment there plus these properties won't come up much more in value after next year as the heat goes out of the market

Hi BMC.

I have been living toward the back of Fernleigh estate for over a year now. Bought a 3 bed house. House has been fine and noise levels are fine, although this could well vary throughout the estate.

The management company is being handed to the residents in oct so the estates best interests will be looked after. I would imagine that the proportion of owner/occupiers to tenants is approximately 50/50. That is why a management company is needed, to ensure that the place is kept well and value of property wont drop because the place is in a state.

The one issue that has been a problem for residents that i have spoken to has been parking. While there is plenty of parking for people it is not always outside their door so people double park on small roads etc. Also the football pitches behind the estate (at porterstown church) have very little parking and lots of people park their cars in the estate and walk through. This can cause hassle for owners if all the spots near their house/apt are taken. There are also some commercial vehicles parking in the estate causing hassle. As far as i know the mang co are addressing this but to be honest that doesnt mean anything will change.

The estate has quick access to blanch center, good pub nearby, great bus service to city center. Pain of a walk to the train station however but a bike would solve that.

Plenty of green space, roads are quiet enough, the football pitches behind are great open space etc..

I like it alot, although I am originally from the area so this may bias my lot. If you would like any further info just ask.

Annfield is part of the same estate. I noticed over the past 6 months that a large number of appts have come up for sale in what I thought seemed a very controlled manner, drip drip drip. As soon as one is sold another one goes up for sale.

My thoughts are that one or two big landlords, maybe the builders, as they have a reputation for holding on to a number of units, which are pure profit from their investment, have decided that with the interest rates on the way up etc., now is a good time to cash in and take profit.

Murt

I have been living in Annfield in a 3 bed duplex for the past 3 years and have never had any problems with parking or noise levels. In fact it's so quite around Annfield Court as you are away from the main drive and Porterstown road and diswellstown road. I would recommend buying one with a carport so you have no issue with parking.

Re: Fernleigh/Annfield

I would go for it Kiwi Paddy, I live there and its a lovely, quiet area particularly around Annfield court as its away from the noise of the main roads. A number of rentals but I would say its mainly owner occupiers.

Back