fernhill stone

spud

Hi All,

I came across the above company
[broken link removed]
at the Galway self build show over the weekend, and although my initial plan was to finish the front of a self build house in natural stone the product I have seen at the show maybe a cheaper alternative.

I have a couple of questions

Has anyone finished houses ( or part of ) with the above product, and if so how have the found the product.

Does anyone see any issues or concerens using the product.
I know colour fade is a possibility ?

It does seem to be a cheaper option and also takes less time to fix. I have not go any quoates as such yet though. I will be covering an area of 125sq M.

Thanks to advise
Mike

Had a really negative experience with Fernhill....Tried for weeks to get them to come out and measure for a quote, sent them the house plan which they lost and when I did get a quote it was supply only and very expensive

I went to Hazel Mill Stone in Cong instead, better service and the cost including fitting was about €100 ex vat per sq m. I would recommend them no problem,

they had a dreadful rep covering the northwest but he has been replaced. i faced the front of a house and 2 chimneys with fernhill and i am more than happy with it. In fact we had damp coming on to a chimney brest inside and we were blaming fernhill because the damp coincided with them doing the chimneys and they were more than helpful to sort out the problem which in the end up was the roofers mistake. i found that Meredith in the main monaghan office was very good.

Back