Fees for Trade Republic Deposit account

I had read this on their website and wondered about it.
"The first deposit with a credit card or digital wallet is free of charge
For all further deposits we charge a fee of 0,7%. The fee will be charged separately from the selected amount. For example, if you deposit €100, €100.70 will be debited from your card"

For all further deposits we charge a fee of 0,7%. The fee will be charged separately from the selected amount. For example, if you deposit €100, €100.70 will be debited from your card"
Maybe you are talking about signing up to get a card (like debit or credit card). That is a recent offering from TR.
The normal deposit saving scheme is just a lump sum (€0 to €50,000) and interest paid on first of month.

TR accept deposits by either a card payment or bank transfer. The former attracts a fee the latter does not.

I imagine from TRs perspective they are charged a merchant fee for every card payment. Whereas a bank transfer costs them less/nothing. They'll absorb the first merchant fee but after that they pass it on to the depositor.

Back