Fee for solicitor to attend Dolphin House

collie

I have a date set for an appearance in the Family courts, 'application for guardianship'. I know I probably dont need one, however if I was to how much would it cost.

Got a quote form one firm close to that court house of €600 plus VAT.

I was in court a few years ago over a driving offence. My solicitor was so reasonable. He only charged €120 or so, and that included our meeting before the court case.

Usually when he has a few cases, or when the case is heard early and he gets away quickly he only charged a bit. It would be different if he had to turn up only for me or he was kept waiting around a long time.

I have a date set for an appearance in the Family courts, 'application for guardianship'. I know I probably dont need one, however if I was to how much would it cost.

Got a quote form one firm close to that court house of €600 plus VAT.

What is the case about? What are the implications? Is the application likely to be opposed.

If you know you "probably dont need one", then don't use a solicitor. Do it yourself.

Dolphin House is a busy court with long delays and, if a solicitor is attending on your behalf, then you pay for all the time they are there, whether in Court or waiting for the case to be heard.

A good solicitor is worth their weight in gold and a bad solicitor is worth nothing. Try to use a solicitor experienced in the field who comes with good recommendations.

mf