Fee for Probate using legal firm

E

eol

Hi
Can anyone tell me what is the rough cost of probate using a legal firm and also conveyancing to sell a house. Is it one price for probate and another for conveyancing or can it be an all in price. I have heard that some firms are costing their bill on a percentage of the valuation of a house.

Thanks

Probate- depends on the complexity of the estate and what is entailed.

Conveyancing- think it would be very unusual nowadays to be quoted a percentage fee - the norm is a flat fee. Have a look at the search function to see some ideas of fees.

They would normally be two seperate fees.

My experience of (unchallenged) intestacy and probate involved a fee of €20k.
We were assured it wasn't related to the value of the estate and was a significant discount on the Law Society's "list price".
But who the hell really knows...

you can do the Probate yourself.It really straightforward to do and the people in the probate office will help you with the forms.Don't waste money on solicitors for this.

you can do the Probate yourself.It really straightforward to do and the people in the probate office will help you with the forms.Don't waste money on solicitors for this.

And this is nonsense. A lot of probates are really simple and can be easily done by the layman. An equal number are difficult and can cause untold problems.

mf