FE 1 Totalitarian Approach to Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ikeanoamback

I note that two threads that discussed the FE 1 examinations in detail have been locked. One of these posts had 9352 views and 193 replies making it one of the most popular posting areas on AAM.

It is obvious from viewing this tread that a community of individuals with an interest in the FE 1 examinations had built up around this particular post. My partner had regularly viewed the tread as she is currently sitting her final FE1s.

This thread posed no threat whatsoever the posts being quite harmless.

I find it ridiculous that the thread has been locked on the basis of CCovich taking a totalitarian view with regard to what should or should not be allowed to develop, possibly the legal profession historical preference for restrictive practice is the motivator. The reason given being inappropriate area for posting!! Careers & Education ??

This type of absolute power play surely damages AAM, people get fed up of such antics by the moderators.

I have posted in Letting off Steam surely the correct place for such a post, no doubt this tread will be locked or deleted!.

My posting rights as a frequent poster allow me to post here, I was an avid supporter of AAM but have found the practice of locking harmless threads quite dishearting, and I feel it is a major failing on what is otherwise a good service.

We're not in the business of discussing moderation decisions as a Frequent Poster should know but just to point out that this was not a unilateral decision on CCOVICH's part and there was some discussion involving some of the other moderators in the Moderators Forum before a decision was taken to close the threads. As ever if anybody doesn't like the policy on AAM then they should find another board that better suits their needs.
I have posted in Letting off Steam surely the correct place for such a post, no doubt this tread will be locked or deleted!.
Correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.