Fax software with no phone line?

ney001

Hi guys

Awkward one here, basically the father runs a business with 4 phone lines - recently council have cut through the lines when building new houses. They inform him that he will be without phone lines for over 6 weeks. He has managed to get one phone diverted to a mobile. He also has broadband service. His main problem is that he is unable to send and receive faxes - is it possible to get software for his pc which will allow him to send and receive faxes via his email? Or does anybody have another solution.

Re: Fax software with no phone line??

there are loads of services like this http://www.myfax.com/ out there. Just choose one that will let him break out after 6 weeks. I work on projects that require Eircom input and from past experience your 6 weeks could easily double. In fact getting a time frame from them was good going.

Before you ask - you would need a scanner to copy in documents for sending but they are cheap enough.

Ah - it's already been about 8 weeks so not so good after all.

I had a look at some of those services but they don't seem to operate using your existing fax number - essentially I would like to divert faxes coming in (to existing fax number) to broadband server - is this possible?

Try efax.com - I know we set up a fax line with them, although we picked a new number and didn't use an existing number. For sending faxes, you don't really need it as you can just use a scanner and email a .pdf but for receiving faxes, efax *may* let you use an existing number. Don't know if there's a minimum contract term.

Sprite

I use Iflow.ie and find it great. No commitment if you're only sending faxes & I think you can sign up for a fax number if you need to receive faxes.

I have no affiliation with iflow.

essentially I would like to divert faxes coming in (to existing fax number)

A word of warning to anybody out there who has line trouble with fixed lines, if you have a fixed line cut there is no way for Eircom to divert that line for you once it goes dead - half of Dublin 2 were affected by this in mid 2005 when cables cut in Leinster House.

Things might be different depending on the type of exchange you are attached to.

Back