Favourite recipes?

Vanilla

The lunch thread has given me an idea to ask for your favourite recipes. Is there a recipe that you love, use time and time again, friends and family ask for? I'd love to hear it. Heres one of mine, use it wisely!

The Best Curry EVER.

Ingredients:
30g butter.
1 clove garlic crushed.
1 tablespoon plain flour.
2 teaspoons curry powder.
1 cup water.
1 chicken stock cube.
3/4 cup cream.
1 teaspoon lemon juice.
2 teaspoons sugar.

Melt butter with garlic in saucepan, stir in flour and curry powder, stir constantly
over heat for 1 minute. Gradually add water and crumbled stock cube, stir constantly
over heat until sauce boils and thickens. Add cream, lemon juice and sugar to
sauce, reheat, serve.

Can be used with chicken, fish and pork, havent tried it with anything else yet. Also for a bit less fat- try with half fat creme fraiche instead of the cream. Oh and if you leave out the sugar, its no biggy.

This isnt a full recipe, but it is a great vegetable side dish for a dinner party.

take 6 red onions.
Cut them in 4 quarters length wise (like a terrys orange)
Lay them out in a baking tin
pour 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar on them
Put in oven for 20 mins (at 180 degrees) turning them after 10 and spooning balsamic over them.

take regular green beans,
cook as normal (I like them quite al dente so 5mins)

Server up green beans in serving bowl
Mix in Red balsamic onions.

Serve.

The red and the green are gorgeous together and taste is great. A real dinner party vegetable dish.

Re: curry Recipe

By far the best meat to use in a curry is lamb, buy diced lamb from your butcher, place in bowl and pour juice of one lemon (lime is even better) over it. Then sprinkle with two table spoons of tandoori spice (Asian markets in Dublin sell this very cheap about €2 will buy you 6 months supply). If you're feeling decadent add some natural yogurt, toss the mixture and allow to marinade for a few hours before making your dish. This works even better if you are intending to freeze fresh meat for use later in the week. It's the nearest you'll get to tandoori shashlick as served in the good Indian restaurants. Scrummy!

This is one for cream lovers !

you will need:

500ml cream
2 packets of chocolate chip cookies
Can of fizzy orange
Flake
Strawberries (optional)

Whip the cream
Dip each biscuit in the orange till soaked through then use the cream to sandwich the biscuits together
(its best to do a couple of biscuits at time and sandwich as you go to ensure the biscuits don't get soggy and fall apart).
Line the sandwiched biscuits into a log shape and cover with remaining cream.
Sprinkle the flake on top and decorate with strawberries if using.
Leave to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours

Enjoy guilt free !

Back