Faulty TV, followed retailers instructions, not getting anywhere.

Thanks NicolaM!

I am supposed to be getting phonecall today from the retailers - I will see whats offered (for example I may be offered a refund if the manufacturers could not give them a date by which it will be repaired), I will see what the outcome of this call is and then follow the plan outlined by you if I am not satisfied.

Placard outside shop ('my new tv has not been repaired in 8 weeks'- stick to facts) at a busy time should get you a resolution in a lot less than 8 weeks, I estimate 5 minutes. Can't see any customer going in if you had a sign like that.

Retailer phoned - he has put through paperwork requesting authorisation for replacement tv to Head Office - he will phone me on Monday when he hears back from Head Office.

Retailer phoned - he has put through paperwork requesting authorisation for replacement tv to Head Office - he will phone me on Monday when he hears back from Head Office.

Glad it looks as though it is getting sorted.

If similar happens again, remember it is the retailer who is responsible, so go in with the goods in person.

If similar happens again, remember it is the retailer who is responsible, so go in with the goods in person.

You are absolutely correct - to be fair to retailer the first time they knew anything about it was when they saw me in person last night - but this is because you cant phone them directly, you can only leave voicemail on 'helpline' which is not connected to particular store.

Moral of the story - dont buy from store that you cant phone or if you do dont bother with helpline, present yourself in person with faulty goods!!!

I wont be buying anything from them again after this debacle. Or indeed from anywhere that you cannot phone the store direct if there is a problem with your goods afterwards.

Final update - manufacturer agent phoned me friday afternoon saying that manufacturer had said they will not repair tv and to get replacement off retailer, an hour later retailer phoned to say i was welcome to come to store and choose ANY model I wanted (same spec) - so I didnt have to get same brand again (I didnt). So Friday evening became the owner of brand new tv - full warranty, and it was a slightly more expensive model (not by much).