faulty s.max

• Thread starter flyindogturd
  • Start date
F

flyindogturd

hello people,
Im after some advice, i bought an 06 model s.max from a ford main dealer two weeks ago and after two days of ownership the car had to be returned to the garage because of a few problems which were, clutch vibation when turning ignition over also a metal grining sound from engine on start up.
plus on start up the car sat their running like a pile of old crap and shakes itself to death, and brake vibration when braking all the time. ive was told buy the garage that they couldnt find a problem but the brake vibration was the abs. surely u dont feel the abs cutting in on light braking... could anyone please tell me what the problems could be or even advise me on maybe getting my money back from garage.

yes there is a problem at the monent with the 1.8 there is s fault with the dual mass flywheel breaking up .they are breaking up before 1k. this is what is causing your vibration also there is a software glitch which on start up making the engine sound like it is goin to blow up .
this is a known problem to ford as im am doin them all the time .there is a new sotftware release to combat the engine misfire at idle not many people hav

e it at the moment but i will have it in the next week or so
this is always the problem with new models

by the way did you get it in a main dealer ,? nearly every 06 smax had amodified flywheel fitted if you send me your chassis number i can tell you if your car had the software upgrade or flywheel mod in a few minutes.

didn't they have a similar problem with either the 1.6 or 2.0 diesel engines in the Volvo's last year with them having to change the software also to rectify idling problems?

every manufacturer is having flywheel problems mainly due to the large amount of torque the engines are producing these days you dont realise how far theyve come till you drive an old non turbo diesel

software problems are now common place and this is why so many good mechanics cant even find faults as the car has a software glitch from the factory and are very hard to diagnose

ford jedi my car isnt a turbo does that make any difference. also its the 2.0 ltr zetec, i did get it from a main dealer also, changing the flywheel and getting upgrade should be all under warranty shouldnt it?? should my vehicle have had the flywheel modifield then..it makes sense the s max ive got has only done 3k so i hope its the problem?

ford jedi r u a dealer and could u do the software problem and flywheel??

ford jedi my car isnt a turbo does that make any difference. also its the 2.0 ltr zetec, i did get it from a main dealer also, changing the flywheel and getting upgrade should be all under warranty shouldnt it?? should my vehicle have had the flywheel modifield then..it makes sense the s max ive got has only done 3k so i hope its the problem?[/quote]

is yours petrol diesel? the 2 litre diesel suffers the same problems, what main dealer are you using? some are better than others in dublin and i know some of them which i deal with just run people isntead of fixing things,if you get a chance send me your chasis number it is beneath the passengers wiper blade and i,l check your cars details some dont need software upgrade

ford jedi, itook my car to garage other day and got a reply, telling me their was nothing wrong with my car again as i was expecting that response from them anyway, they said my car didnt have a dmf then said that it does and said that when starting car up that i should feel the flywheel kick in, is this right, cos i dont believe it,they told me that they havent heard of any flywhhels breaking up i feel that im being fobbed off.also hey said their was a new software upgrade coming out soon as u said, can u suggest what to do about this flywheel business, is their anyway of finding out if it is breaking up or not being inside the bell house i presume not? but surely i shouldnt be feeling it on start up..

p.s i will send chassis no asap. im using evans halshaw in bexley kent. are they wasting my time.. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Back