Faulty microwave

nt00deep

Turned on my new Bosch microwave yesterday.

It counts down the cooking time as expected (01:00, 00:59, 00:58, 00:57), but stops at 00:57. I have noticed that the turntable is not turning and maybe the shut down is a precaution because of that fault with the turntable.

I have a service call logged, but before I waste someone a journey, has anyone come across this before.

Double-check the FAQ/trouble-shooting section in the manual. I read an "important note" in a Bosch manual over the weekend that said if a service call is made related to one of the items detailed in the FAQ then a charge would be payable - even during the warranty period!

nt00deep said:
Turned on my new Bosch microwave yesterday.

It counts down the cooking time as expected (01:00, 00:59, 00:58, 00:57), but stops at 00:57. I have noticed that the turntable is not turning and maybe the shut down is a precaution because of that fault with the turntable.

I have a service call logged, but before I waste someone a journey, has anyone come across this before.

Ring them back and discuss the problem with them, if necessary at length, and you might well save yourself the cost of a service call.

The service engineer called and took the microwave away with him because the fault was caused by a damaged clip in the door. A sensor on the door was then shutting down the microwave as a precaution.

He fixed the door clip, but had to take the unit away for testing in their lab before signing off on it.

Back up and running now.

Back