Faulty Ink cartridge

Happy_Harry

Bought new Ink cartridges just before Xmas , genuine HP from Amazon, got the XL version as they are much cheaper per printed page. 2 weeks ago my printer wouldn't print any longer : Cartridge not in place or not recognised. Went through all troubleshooting steps advised by HP, cleaned the contacts, but no joy. The other day bought a new cartridge to check and no problem, so the problem is obviously the old cartridge is faulty.

The cartridge must be at least 80% full (I don't print a lot)- where should I go to get a replacement ? Amazon mentions on their site that if you have a product that has become faulty after 30 days it is better to contact the manufacturer. hp website only seems to have support for the printer, not cartridges.

Has anybody been in a similar position ? Where should I look to get it sorted , or should I take it on the chin, forget about it , buy new cartridge as the hassle will be worse than shelling out another 20-25 euros ?

Just to follow up for future... I did send an email to Amazon, 1 hr later I got a mail back with instructions to send the faulty cartridge back for a refund.. So hats off for Amazon's customer service, I wonder how much hassle it would have been to get a refund for this item 3 months after purchase from PCworld or so.. And no- I don't work for Amazon.

How much did you pay for the xp version ?

It's €20 for the normal version(350) in Swords.

... I wonder how much hassle it would have been to get a refund ... from PCworld ... And no- I don't work for Amazon.
but do you work for PC World / Currys? ;)

Back