Faulty battery in house alarm

burkemg

The battery in my house alarm is showing a fault.

Is replacing this a DIY job or will I need to contact the alarm co and pay their call out fee and probably a large fee to relace it.

Advice from anyone with similar experience appreciated

Thanks

It's a simple DIY job. You need to remove the cover which will trigger the alarm, so be ready to enter to neccessary code. Be very careful to connect the new batter to the correct terminals.
Leo

I replaced one recently in an Aritech...very straight forward. The panel is probably tamper proofed (spring switch or similar).... very easy... just buy the battery from the alarm co directly.
ninsaga

most of them will trigger the panel tamper switch when opened and you will need the engineering code to disable the sounder while you swap out the battery. If you don't have this, I would suggest you do it during the day when most people are at work to avoid disturbance and put some blu tack over the sounder of the internal buzzer as this can be very loud.
Just make sure you connect the polarity correct on the new battery...normally its red to '+' and black to '-' or just mimic the way the old battery was connected. Just be careful when you take the panel cover off as there will be a lot of wires in there, so make sure you don't pull any accidentally from their terminals.

Back