Faro Airport transfer experience/recommendations?

landmarkjohn

Hi, I am looking for recommendations regarding transfers. I am on the Friday 06:30 Ryanair from Shannon returning 09:30 from Faro a week later. We are staying in Albufira, especially wondering about reliability of shuttles to get me picked up at 05:30 for 07:00 at airport on return leg. Anyone had experience or recommendations? Thanks

We holiday there all the time. Google faro airport and you will get a list of companies that do shuttle transfer, normally costs us about 60 euro return for four of us which i consider excellent value.

We use the service shuttledirect also and they are most reasonable and reliable, but i booked my mum only last week for a pick up at Faro and the driver gave her his card so if you travel there often its handy to get to know a local transfer,

We got a taxi from the airport to the train station in Faro, cost less than €10, local bus would have been €1 per head. From the train station we got the local train to Lagos costing about €6 that stops at Albufeira train station en route. I think that Albufeira itself is a bit of a distance from the train station though? The above price of £22 sterling return seems to good to be true. Is that per person?

Does any one know roughly how much a taxi from Faro to Vilamoura would cost?.Or is there a Train or Bus.

why dont you hire a car for the week form the airport, then you have it for day trips out.

The £22 sterling was the total return quote for both of us.
Eleven quid each for a return transfer is very good I would have thought

That transfer service above is great value and will drop you at the door be it hotel or apartment complex.

we are going the same time flights but in June, thinking of hiring a car, only costs about EUR150 between the 4 if us, plus for day trips to Zoo Marine or Algarve shopping centre would save us some money rather than getting the bus..

A word of advice. On the way back eat before you get to the airport as the food in the airport is very expensive and takes ages to get due to the queues

I love the Algarve, was there twice last year.

Farotaxi offer an excellent service, if a bit on the expensive side. I have also used resorthoppa on two occasions with no problems, although I hear thats not always the case

Am going next wednesday again, woohoo!

Why not ask the Hotel if they provide transport. I did and received a free transfer.

Back