FAO the media, There's life outside Dublin you know

the funniest I ever heard was a radio news headline "Strike at Lanzarote airport, Dubliners may be affected"

hhmmm, along with everyone else then!!

It was 98FM or one of those so ok it has a Dublin focus but it must be part of the contract that the word Dublin has to appear in every news headline .... no matter how ridiculous it sounds.

Now if it said - "Scangers refused access to Lanzarote airport" you could easily see the specific relevance to Dublin

.. and not to mention the RTE coverage of Dublin winning the Sam Maguire again.

Jez, you'd think it was the greatest victory in the history of sport, in the world, ever.

This thread reminds me of the time I posted something about my father travelling on the Luas into town to join the protest against the medical card outside the Dail and then at Stephen's Green.........
and some idiot posted back saying he was fed up of Dubliners just saying 'town' instead of specifying it was Dublin so that people would know where they were talking about!!!!!

That was me liaconn, I remember that thread
I knew where it was alright, I just posted about Dubs saying town. This is the Depths

And you brought that up last year too

And this is the second time

Let it go

Sorry micmclo, but I just thought it was a very funny post. Don't worry, I'm not obsessing about it, it just amused me at the time and this thread reminded me of it. I couldn't even remember who posted it by the way.

This thread reminds me of the time I posted something about my father travelling on the Luas into town

Dublin people refer to their city as town, and Cork people refer to their town as a city ! Go figure ?