FAO-Irishlinks re Envirocare

MrsBell

Hi, I was just reading your posts on Envirocare. You mentioned that you sometimes get smells from your system. ARe these smells just outside? We are having a terrible problem with a smell in our main bathroom upstairs and the same smell is also outside. We had a plumber in at the weekend and he said the plumbing is fine and sewer is not blocked, so he said the problem is beyond his remit. he recommended we get our tank checked. Just wondering how yours is working now? Thanks.

Just make sure you System is commissioned.
Was envirocare present at the installation?
You can open the envirocare tank with a meter box key and check if the system is pumping...(wear a mask and gloves). If it isn't pumping its not working

For me, the electrician had not wired the system to the fuse box correctly and the toliets etc started to back up

Yes - system is commissioned, maintainence fee paid, and Envirocare guy was there when it was installed. One of the guys here at work mentioned that the tank should have a "breather" pipe as well as the one on the house?? Typical - I have the inlaws arriving on Wednesday and the place stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes the system should have a vent (it will be somewhere in your garden), about a foot out of the ground

Hi - the smells from ours have virtually gone now. They were worse during the warm weather . It had it's first "service" last week - and they found a bit of a blockage on the air inlet which might have contributed to the smell by reducing the air getting in from the blower unit. The "service" only took about 2 minutes. Make sure you get onto them to remind them to come - I think their "booking system" is not as good as it could be.
You should have a vent from the percolation area - not directly from the envirocare unit.

Thanks for that, the guy came out yesterday and said yes it was blocked and a part was broken, both of which he fixed, we are getting it drained too this week, and he siad this should sort it out. I mentioned the "breather" pipe and he said it was not required, the one at the house was sufficent. There is still a smell in the bathroom today, I'm hoping once it's drained, we will have no more smell - if not I'll be straight on to them again. By coincidence our neighbour was in last night and they have an "ecopure" treatment system and they are had the same problem last week. I think these systems are high maintainance and high cost!

Back