Fancy glass in doors with a relief on one side but which side?

NOAH

This shows how far my mind has deteriorated since I started this project but I now have to put fancy glass ina few doors and stuck with deciding which side the relief side should be ie the raised bit. My view is that the design side should be in the hallway so it is viewed when one enters, however the glazier is in 2 minds. There are 2 doors from living room one to kitchen, one to hallway, glass to kitchen has releif on kitchen side and if we have relief on the inside of living room this will need to be changed. I am worried he will break it and it was not cheap.

Or does it really matter? Hope I have explained myself fully.

noah

I think it really doesn't matter, but if you want to be consistent, and you already have relief on the other side of kitchen door, ie, outside living room, just decide to put relief on other side of other door too, ie, no relief on inside of living room! Alternatively, just hold one in place and see which way you like better! It's a small issue so don't go beating yourself up over it! Nobody will ever complain no matter which way you go.

thank you very much, a nice succinct reply that expalins it to my other half perfectly.

happy now

noah

Back