Fancy Dress Costumes (to purchase) in Dublin

shesells

Can anyone recommend somewhere I can buy fancy dress costumes (adult) in the city centre? Google gives me a place in Lucan and in Blackrock but I can't get there as they're only open office hours and I need it by Friday.

Argos do a small range of costumes (for adults and children) - not sure if the city centre branches would have them, but you could do a check on

Thanks - hadn't thought of Argos though the selection is limited. The other place is a hire place...I need to buy the costume rather than look after it, at this party anyway

How about making your own ? What do you plan on going as, I'm sure someone here will give you some ideas on how to put it togeather.

I know someone who went as Lara Croft.....really easy & she had everything in her house.

Toymaster on Henry St/Mary St have a reasonable collection upstairs

The theme is girl guides and boy scouts...sounds easier than it's proving to be to improvise!

Go to Great Outdoors and buy a load of badges & a necko & stich onto any outfit

or

Boy - go old style......pair of shorts, baseball cap with a badge stitched on the front, necko, t-shirt with badges & a necko

or

Girl - keep it simple with your fav dress & add a necko, beret with badge - easy to take off once the "novelty has passed.

either - treking shorts & t-shirt & stich on loads of scoutie things : tin cup, plate, tent pegs, etc....could be messy!!

You'll never buy a scouts/girl guides outfit in any hire shop.....but should be easy to put something togeather

PS - a week before the party, wear the clothes for a few days without washing, light a campfire & sit near it for a few hours, preferably in the rain & then store them in haversack (plastic bag will do). This will give any scout outfit a "real" feel & odour

Thanks guys! I had ordered the perfect one online 3 weeks ago but it hasn't shown up and I'm out of time!

There are some costumes available in the shops here but I'm not paying €50 for something that more than likely will only ever be worn once. Found a perfect top this morning and I reckon a bottle green school skirt with it. If the weather holds up I'll pop over to Great Outdoors at lunchtime.

The scout shop is over the one on Liffy street (beside M&S)

Glue or staple the badges on if you don't fancy sewing them

Got a great smiley faces neckerchief, a woggle and some badges in the scout shop. The girl there thought I was mad Now all I need is a green beret...won't make it to the hat place in Stephen's Green centre now so hopefully I'll find one in Dun Laoghaire or Blanch?