Family holiday to Sweden

Henny Penny

We're thinking of going somewhere a little different in summer 09 (2 adults and 2 Kids).

Has anyone been to Sweden on holidays - if so would you recommend it?

We're thinking of going somewhere a little different in summer 09 (2 adults and 2 Kids).

Has anyone been to Sweden on holidays - if so would you recommend it?

Have you looked at Southern Germany? It's incredibly beautiful, very historic, the people are great and it’s much cheaper than here.

Have you looked at Southern Germany? It's incredibly beautiful, very historic, the people are great and it’s much cheaper than here.

Yes, was there last week. €1.80 a pint out in the countryside...

I lived both in Sweden and Southern Germany. If nature is your thing go to Sweden, rent a cabin somewhere up north and enjoy the tranquility and the light of the Swedish summer. (The weather can be hit and miss though, but likely to be better than here).
If you like history and culture go for Bavaria, which indeed is also a lot cheaper than Sweden. If the kids are very young I would personally wait with Sweden. I intend to take my child(ren) for at least one summer to Sweden once they can appreciate it (10 years plus)

We had a great family holiday in Sweden 2 years ago. Stayed in Malmo for one week during which we got the train across the bridge to Copenhagen and went to Tivoli Gardens amongst other things. Spent a second week in a rented house up the west coast at a fabulous beach and wound up with a couple of days in Gothenberg where we went to a theme park - Liseberg. The theme park outings were carrots for the kids but we found it to be a good family holiday overall, and eating out was generally cheaper than Ireland. We flew Ryanair from Dublin.

i thought Malmo was one of the most boring places i've ever been, didnt venture anywhere else in sweden but would imagine the north and the islands would be beautiful.